Monday, December 26, 2011

Korea (Part I)





It has been 4 days since I came back from my week-long vacation in Korea. There's not much to say except the obvious - I had a great time. The best part about the trip had to be when I got to ski for the first time. Despite being out in the cold for a long period of time, falling into the not-so-soft snow with almost every attempt but one at skiing down an albeit gentle slope, and having a most difficult time carrying the skiing equipment back up the slope as well as just taking them off - I loved the adrenaline rush, especially since I had no idea how to stop myself before I crashed into someone (hence, the final resort of falling into the snow). Did I mention that looks can be deceiving? As much as the slope is gentle, when you ski down that damn thing you feel like you're going at a hundred miles an hour (well, that's what I felt like anyway)!

The photos above are not the ones I took at the ski resort I stayed at (where, by the way, I also got to sleep on a heated floor for the first time in my whole life, which was truthfully, an interesting experience. I didn't think sleeping on any floor would be comfortable until that day). The first photo was taken during the ride up the Sorak Mountains which is found at the Seoraksan National Park. The next two were taken at Nami Island, where a part of the filming of Winter Sonata took place.



On Korean food - let's just say that the Koreans sure do know how to make vegetables taste tasty. I admit - before the trip I seriously needed to change my diet such that it includes more vegetables but I was utterly stubborn and reluctant (I hated eating vegetables since childhood). Now eating vegetables doesn't seem like the end of the world at all (Yes, I used to think that when I was younger).  Also, Tempura - where have you been all my life? Sweet potato tempura is undoubtedly my favourite.

Yes, I realize I have been missing out on a lot of things in my life. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment